REGISTERED PROFESSIONAL NURSE
August 15, 2012
OPEN TO: All Interested Candidates/All Sources
POSITION: REGISTERED PROFESSIONAL NURSE, FSN-9, FP-5*
OPENING DATE: August 15, 2012
CLOSING DATE: August 28, 2012
WORK HOURS: Part-time, 20 hours/week
IMPORTANT NOTE: ALL ORDINARILY RESIDENT (OR) APPLICANTS MUST HAVE THE REQUIRED WORK AND RESIDENCY PERMITS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION.
The U.S. Embassy in Sofia is seeking an individual for the Sofia based position of Registered Professional Nurse in the Health Unit.
BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION:
The incumbent provides health care for all US Government personnel and their dependents assigned to post, TDY personnel and other non-USG persons as authorized by the Ambassador. Provides occupational health care to Locally Employed Staff.
A copy of the complete position description listing all duties and responsibilities is available in the Human Resources Office. Contact: (+359) 2-937-5153 or e-mail: email@example.com.
All applicants are instructed to address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive supporting information.
1. Education: Must be a graduate of a professional nursing school or college that has the equivalent of Registered Nurse (RN) training in the U.S. and be fully credentialed/licensed in the host country is required.
2. Work experience: At least two years of hospital or outpatient nursing is required, with at least one year of occupational health experience with a U.S. Federal Agency or U.S. Embassy primary healthcare facility is required. Current training or working knowledge in emergency preparedness, including management of both natural disasters and those caused by weapons of mass destruction is desired. Current CPR certification (which must be maintained throughout employment) is desired. Previous experience teaching at least three of the following health promotion activities is desired: smoking cessation; weight reduction; child wellness anticipatory guidance; emergency first aid; prenatal classes; community emergency response; CPR; safe food services; healthy lifestyle; stress management and relaxation; drug and alcohol dependence; and/or HIV prevention.
3. Language requirements: Level 4 (fluent) speaking/reading/writing English is required.
Level 4 (fluent) speaking/reading/writing Bulgarian is required.
• Must have knowledge of general nursing principles and practice.
• Must possess basic nursing skills, such as vital signs measurement, injection administration, and bedside nursing care.
• Uses the professional nursing process including assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation.
• Must have knowledge of current nursing technology and methods.
• Must be knowledgeable on medications, and immunizations generally used in American Medical practice.
• Additionally, must be able to administer adult and pediatric immunization program according to current CDC standards.
• Strong interpersonal skills and a client-oriented disposition are required.
• Must have experience in current health promotion recommendations in the U.S. population.
• Must have experience in management and procurement of expendable medical supplies and equipment for ambulatory standards of care.
5. Skills and Abilities:
• Working knowledge of MS Office.
• Ability to use standard medical office equipment.
NOTE: Unless you meet all specified requirements you will not be considered.
When fully qualified, U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and U.S. Veterans are given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the candidate specifically address the required qualifications above in the application.
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA
1. Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
2. Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
3. Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
4. Currently employed U.S. Citizen EFMs who hold a Family Member Appointment (FMA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment.
5. Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment unless currently hired into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
Interested candidates for this position must submit the following for consideration of the application:
1. Universal Application for Employment as a Locally Employed Staff or Family Member (DS-174); or
2. A current resume or curriculum vitae in English that provides the same information found on the UAE (see Appendix B); or
3. A combination of both; i.e. Sections 1 -24 of the UAE along with a listing of the applicant’s work experience attached as a separate sheet; plus
4. Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application. Candidates who claim conditional U.S. Veterans preference must submit documentation confirming eligibility for a conditional preference in hiring with their application.
5. Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO:
U.S. Embassy Sofia
16 Kozyak, 1408 Sofia
Fax: (+359) (2) 937-5231
Due to the high volume of response, individual acknowledgements regarding receipt of applications are sent to e-mail applicants only. Only candidates considered at a further stage of the recruitment process will be notified regarding the status of their application.
Please submit your application by e-mail, post mail or fax. Hand delivered applications will not be accepted.
Only applications received by the Human Resources Office before the closing date of this job notice will be considered and only short–listed candidates will be contacted.
POINT OF CONTACT
U.S. Embassy Sofia
Human Resources Office
Tel: (+359) (2) 937-5153
Fax: (+359) (2) 937-5231
CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION: end of the day AUGUST 28, 2012
The U.S. Mission in Sofia provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation. The Department of State also strives to achieve equal employment opportunity in all personnel operations through continuing diversity enhancement programs.
The EEO complaint procedure is not available to individuals who believe they have been denied equal opportunity based upon marital status or political affiliation. Individuals with such complaints should avail themselves of the appropriate grievance procedures, remedies for prohibited personnel practices, and/or courts for relief.